- admitting I have a problem
- helping me to channel my energy creatively
- keeping me honest and productive
Now you're like, whoa, what exactly is going on here? what did i stumble upon? no, there's not going to be anything unseemly following this post, but let me elaborate.
I like doing new things. I like doing new things so much that I often drop what I'm doing mid-project and do something new and potentially more exciting. oh yes.
I'm a serial hobbier.
How did I get this way? I'm really not sure. perhaps I'm chasing my own skewed version of a Renaissance person. or perhaps I'm just egotistical and believe that I can do it all. or perhaps I'm driven by boredom + semi-undiagnosed AD[H]D.
But really, I'm tired of the clutter and I'm tired of the half-done projects. All I want to do now are these things:
- I want to finish the projects that I've already started.
- I want to donate or sell the things that I've made to clear out my house.
- and ultimately, I want to find the right hobby or hobbies for me - the ones that I really enjoy doing.
Hopefully, for those of you who are taking this journey with me can empathize with the complex feelings that this blog will pull out of me. I hope that this can be a cathartic experience - and one such that I can figure out myself a little bit more.
So, in the style of Mr. King:
Dear reader, come with me on a journey - to where dust covered books lay open baring hints of what could be. where yards of fabric and canvas sit silently in the corner, their future yet untold. where lonely beads can finally meet their mates. Take my hand and let's go to the place that scares me the most: where endless possibilities, creatively, hope, and self-discovery crash into each other: my craft closet.
No comments:
Post a Comment